For the surface decoration of household furniture, some people will choose wood grain paper, but some people will choose wood veneer. What's the difference between the two?
What is wood grain paper?
Wood grain paper is a kind of skin decorative paper, its raw material is wood pulp kraft paper, with high strength. It is mainly used for decoration or trimming of furniture, speaker and other household and office supplies.
Other uses include: plastic packaging, cigarette and alcohol packaging, plastic calendar, decorative painting, etc.
The pattern is printed by imitating the tree pattern, the thickness is generally 0.5 ~ 1.0 mm, and the surface is smooth and glossy.
What is veneer?
Veneer (commonly known as: veneer; English: veneer; hereinafter referred to as veneer) and its veneer decoration industry started in the 1950s, after half a century of development, it has a considerable scale. Especially in the past two decades, with the leaping growth of China's furniture manufacturing industry and decoration industry, its development is advancing by leaps and bounds, and a large number of industry experts have emerged. The thin wood base material is a kind of precious tree species with beautiful pattern and good quality, and the production requires large diameter, which often limits its development.
The difference between wood grain paper and veneer:
1. Wood grain paper, also known as poly paper, is a kind of skin decorative paper, which is mostly used for surface treatment of board. After sticking the board, it still needs to be painted. Wood skin is a semi natural decorative material.
2. The pattern on the paper is printed; the pattern on the veneer is the pattern of high-quality wood itself.
3. The thickness of wood grain paper is generally 0.5 ~ 1.0 mm; the thickness of wood skin is generally 1.0 ~ 2.0 mm.
4. According to the different materials, wood grain paper can be used for surface or trimming of decoration and furniture; wood veneer is mainly used for surface in high-grade decoration.
5. The price of wood grain paper is generally low; the price of wood veneer is mostly high.
6. There are many domestic products of wood grain paper, and most precious tree species in wood bark can only be imported.
Wood paper and veneer can be used in furniture surface decoration, but no matter from the material, specification, thickness, price and other aspects, there are some differences between wood paper and veneer, you can choose according to your actual situation. This is the difference between wood grain paper and veneer. For more information, please continue to pay attention to decoration.